Week 12

Hey everyone, it's the start of week 2 of the spring quarter. I'm not going to lie, I've been feeling rather apathetic this term considering I've already done a fall semester and winter term. I think I'm a little burn out, but I plan on regrouping by the end of this week. I didn't do much the past week other than get ready for the term, buy my books, and clean up. This place really feels like home now, and I'm used to the things that seemed strange at first. It's rained everyday since I've gotten back but the weather is otherwise perfect. It's 50 degrees all day and it's always consistent. I don't know why I haven't bought an umbrella yet, but it feels like it's too late to start now. I don't feel homesick at all, and I'm used to my life here. I'm going to try to start exploring Oregon once I get my assignments and other chores under control, so I can really experience the natural beauty of the state. If anyone that's considering doing NSE and is worried about being homesick and lonely, I can talk to you about your concerns. Before I came to Oregon, I lived in my house with my family my whole life and just drove to USC. The first month here was pretty difficult to adjust to, but I stuck with it and it feels rewarding to have a sense of independence. It really feels like a second home now and you'd be surprised to see how much you've changed by challenging yourself to experience something new. Anyways, I don't really have much else to talk about, so I'll post next week. Until then,





-Ben Ruiz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 5 & 6

Week 17 & 18