Week 7

Hey everyone, an interesting week here in Eugene. It's snowed a lot since Sunday and school got cancelled on Monday, delayed on Tuesday, and then cancelled on Wednesday again (today) because of the snow we received Tuesday night. I have never seen this much snow in South Carolina and know if it ever snowed like this in Columbia, school will most certainly be cancelled for the whole week. Anyways, the initial euphoria of the snow wasn't long lived. It was awesome to be able to see the snow fall and enjoy it with other students, but the power went out for several hours and all the stores and shops closed. I couldn't do anything for much of Monday since everything was closed and there was no power. Thankfully, it got restored later Monday night and I was able to do some homework and shower with light. Oregon looks even more beautiful when it's dressed with snow and I'm attaching pictures at the bottom to show you guys. Tomorrow there is a 10 A.M. delay, but I won't miss any classes because my first class is at 10 /:. The term is coming to a close and my last classes will be on March 14th. I bought my plane ticket to go back to South Carolina for spring break and will be flying from Portland to Denver to Charlotte and then driving home to Columbia. I already feel like I have grown a lot and gained a lot of confidence in the past two months by myself, and am looking forward to see if any of the people I'm close with have noticed any changes. Only thing is, I'm a bit tired of all the cold weather as my lips are extremely chapped and my skin is ashy all the time (lol). It's going to be nice to be back in South Carolina to get some sun and relatively warm weather for a little bit before I come back and finish my last term from April to June here in Oregon. But if you guys want to hear about anything specific, please let me know in the comments. The template I've been using is just recapping the events of the week and how I'm doing and some pictures sprinkled here and there. Anyways, talk to you guys next week.






-Ben

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 5 & 6

Week 17 & 18